Wednesday, April 11, 2018

The Bluebird of Happiness


The Bluebird of Happiness. 

I had a real treat the other day when I looked out into my backyard. Perched along my fence was a beautiful Bluebird. Now I'm not talking about a Bluejay, but an actual Bluebird. 

I have seen them at our farm in Northeast Texas, but never at our last house in Frisco. In fact, at our farm we have a couple of Bluebird boxes set out for them to nest. I hadn't even considered that I would find one at our new home. 

This particular one was exceptionally stunning, with its iridescent blue wings, and its rust colored chest. It actually was a little larger than the ones I had seen at the farm. I couldn't help, but smile and watched it until it flew away. 

Coincidentally, my sister had brought me a handmade Terra Studios Bluebird of Happiness for my house after her trip to Arkansas. It sits prominently on the window sill of my kitchen where the sun catches its beautiful blue color. 


Each time I see it I am reminded that it is the simple things that really bring much happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment