Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Fresh Flowers


Fresh flowers. 

One of my sweet sisters came by to see the house the other day, and brought me a beautiful pitcher and cut flowers to go with it. 

At the time I had nothing on my kitchen table, and it found its home there. I commented to my sister, that I'd now have to buy flowers weekly. The more I thought about it the more I liked the idea. 

I've enjoyed seeing the colorful bouquet on my kitchen table this week, and am sure I could work it into the budget. I've been told that Trader Joe's offers them for a reasonable price. Sometimes it's the little things that really can make a difference in the quality of life. 

When Chuck and I were newly married he sent me flowers on a regular basis. I'm sure there probably was a more practical way to spend our hard earned dollars, but it sure meant a lot to me. We had both delivered flowers as part-time jobs back in our younger days, and Chuck knew first hand how they could brighten someone's day. 

When our house was being built I mentioned to Chuck that I would really like to add some flowers to our front yard landscaping. You can imagine my delight when we pulled up one day greeted by beautiful, purple pansies. My wish had come true without any effort on my part! 


"April showers bring May flowers."

2 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous flowers. Fresh flowers sure do lighten up a place and our mode. I would love to buy them once a week if I can.

    ReplyDelete