Monday, October 31, 2016

The Donut Calling My Name


The donut calling my name. 

I was sitting at the Toyota dealership waiting on an oil change minding my own business when I turned to the right and was accosted by a tower of sprinkle donuts. Now on the one hand I knew that donuts were not the healthiest snacking choice, but on the other hand they did have sprinkles. 

I told myself no several times, but unfortunately that little donut lover on my shoulder kept insisting what would it hurt to have just one? After all, several people had already stopped by to indulge in their early morning sugar rush, so why shouldn't I? 

In my attempt to remain strong I looked up the points value of a sprinkle donut, and found it to be a whopping eleven points. So rather than indulge I started writing about my dilemma. I wish I could take full credit for resisting, but to be truthful before I could give in my car was ready. As I look back on my supposed act of heroism, I'm beginning to think that sometimes you just have to answer the siren call of the sprinkles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment