Monday, October 3, 2016

Focusing on Solutions


Focusing on solutions. 

In the most recent edition of Flow magazine there is an article written by Otje Van Der Lelij focusing on solutions rather than problems. 

When we spend our energies focusing on what is wrong we can easily find ourselves overwhelmed. However, when we set our sights on solutions we may find a new direction. While problems appear negative, solutions seem to radiate hope.

I found myself recently ruminating about a problem of sorts. I had never taken any real action on it other than thinking about it, and always found myself right back at the same spot. However, once I actually began to take some action, and focus on a solution, I found myself more highly motivated to resolve my dilemma. I also realized that if I allowed myself more than one solution it seemed to free me up from my paralysis. More times than not there is usually not just one solution that is feasible.



In the article Van Der Lelij quotes Albert Einstein, "The class of problems is a different class than the class of solutions." So rather than wasting all your energy on a problem, start looking for solutions. 

1 comment:

  1. I have not read that article even though I have the magazine. I shall!

    ReplyDelete