Friday, October 7, 2016

True Abundance


True abundance. 

"I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly," are the words of Jesus found in the book of John. 

As is my practice I often look up the definitions of words in order to fully understand their meaning. The word abundant is defined as, "an extremely plentiful or oversufficient quantity or supply." 

As I thought about how this relates to me, I realized that I have an abundance of material possessions. I have accumulated them over the years, and have stored them away for safe keeping. 

I decided to think more broadly in terms of abundance, including things like abundant joy, abundant love, and abundant grace; all intangible, and not easily stored in a closet seemed more important. Perhaps by focusing on this type of abundance, rather than what the world sets before us will result in a more contented life. 

1 comment: