Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Less is More


Less is more. 

I was going through some of the mementoes of my daughter's childhood the other day, and it became apparent that I must have kept every scrap of paper that she had ever doodled upon. However, I soon realized that I had so much stuff I really had no idea of what I had. Somehow I had treasured everything equally thinking that was a good thing. 

Unfortunately, the sheer volume of it all made it prohibitive to enjoy. One of my most prized possessions from my own mother is a card she sent me while I was away at college; one card, not twenty. 



So as I pare down, I'm hoping to keep a lesser amount of those things that bring back such fond memories. Trying to hold onto every piece of my daughter's childhood is just not realistic. While going through it all, though, my daughter and I had a good laugh over some of her childhood notes. And to be honest, that made it all worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment