Thursday, October 27, 2016

Perseverance


Perseverance. 

"Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did." 

In looking for some words of wisdom about perseverance I couldn't help but smile when I came across this quote. It seemed to describe exactly how I was feeling at the moment. I got an even bigger kick out of the fact that Newt Gingrich was its author. My politics are showing now, but I always enjoy hearing his take on the state of the country. 

By the end of the day I was both physically and mentally tired. It had seemed in decluttering my home that I'd taken one step forward and two steps back as I tackled each new area. Quitting was really looking appealing at the moment as I found myself running out of steam and momentum. 

However, I knew  that I would not be happy with myself if I gave up half-way through the job. So tomorrow I'll just continue on with the "hard work after the hard work" until I reach my goal. To be honest, perseverance is easier said than done. 



No comments:

Post a Comment