Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Peaceful


Peaceful. 

I used to think that the country was a quiet place. I was mistaken. If you spend any time there you will quickly realize that it is actually quite noisy. Except it's a different kind of noise. 

The buzz of a bee, the call of a mockingbird, the bray of a donkey, the drone of a lone tractor in the distance, and the moo of a momma cow calling her calf all fill the air. But inspite of the noise, it is the peacefulness that most surprises you. Especially if you spend most of your time in the city bombarded by the sounds of urban life. 

The country is the only place where I can sit absolutely still, doing nothing at all and find myself feeling completely peaceful. I don't feel the need to be doing something to keep myself entertained. Just being present in the beauty around me is the best feeling of all. 

"In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous." Aristotle



No comments:

Post a Comment