Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Less


Less.

I'm not sure where I got the idea that if I had one of something, then two should be better? 

I've spent the last week purging through more things in our home, and have come away with the realization that too much stuff gets in the way of any real action. When my desk was crowded with who knows what, I rarely found myself there. When my bookshelves were overflowing I found myself beginning several books, but never finishing any. When you own as many CD's as I do you literally would have to do nothing else, but listen to music twenty-four seven to hear them all. 

It wasn't until I started editing my possessions that I realized that my reluctance to take action had something to do with feeling overwhelmed by the sheer number of things that I owned. More over, when I removed a few pieces of furniture from my bedroom, the room took on a whole new feel. It somehow seemed lighter and more inviting. 

Limiting what I choose to keep has allowed me to know what I really have, and to only own the things I really want. This whole experience has opened my eyes to how I want to view possessions in the future. 


"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."  William Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment