Thursday, January 14, 2016

F.A.I.L.


F.A.I.L.

First Attempt At Learning. 

What a unique way to look at failing, especially where children are concerned. The first time you attempt something new, there is a high chance that you are going to fail. 

Most of us are uncomfortable with failure, and find ways not to experience it. I suppose some of this is based on past reactions from parents and teachers when we were children. If failure had just been regarded as our first attempt we might have been more eager to try new things. 

I've written quite a bit about failure, and how I am reluctant to try new things, however, I'm adopting this phrase as my mantra. First attempt will lead to a second, third or whatever is necessary. 

It also takes away from the idea that failure is the end of something, rather than the beginning.






No comments:

Post a Comment