Friday, January 15, 2016

Empty


Empty.

"You can't pour from an empty cup."

I thought about how true this is when it comes to creativity. If you are not filling your heart, mind, and soul it is hard to remain creative. Wracking my brain to come up with the next post is counter productive. However, when I read a great book, watch a movie or just observe life, I find my ideas and creativity abound. Inspiration can come from the least expected places if I'm open to receiving it.

Your creativity may not manifest in writing, but we all possess creative potential.
The point is that you must continue to fill your cup in order to pour out your creativity upon the world. Then you will be able to quench its thirst for only what you have to offer.

What is the saying? 
"My cup runneth over."



No comments:

Post a Comment