Thursday, January 21, 2016

Action


Action.

"It is the nature of thought to find its way into action," are the words of writer Christian Neville Bovee. I found this curious, because for me this doesn't tend to be true. In fact, I am quite content to just remain in the thought process. It requires no action, and I can ruminate over each thought for days, weeks, months or even years. 

It takes very much of a conscious effort to move into the action phase. Although, I can't think of many times over the years that I ever regretted taking action. Most of the time I profited greatly. I think for some of us, though, we are more hard-wired to want to live in our head. But  we shouldn't use this as an excuse to hold us back from an action that would benefit us. 

I think I'll use this as a reminder when I get too caught up in my thoughts, and make the choice to move forward. 




No comments:

Post a Comment