Monday, January 18, 2016

Along the Way


Along the way. 

Sometimes we get too wrapped up in the end results, and forget to appreciate the journey. There is satisfaction in reaching a goal, but it may take an extended period of time to get there. 

It's easy to lose motivation because you haven't reached that final destination yet. However, I was thinking about how we ought to revel in the steps taken along the way, instead. You may not be at your goal weight right now, but if you are changing your eating patterns then there is success in that. If you are paying off debt one at a time, then celebrate the progress you are making. You have probably done a better job managing your money, and are changing your spending habits. 

For me, I've realized that for some goals there really isn't a finish line. Somethings will be ongoing, and will always require my attention. Living more in the present allows me to find satisfaction in the steps I've already taken along the way, instead of always looking toward some imagined future. 



I have to remind myself of this, but I think it is worth heeding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment