Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Music


Music.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to listen to more music. 

As a teenager and young adult I remember the radio blaring as I sang my heart out, changing stations at whim. I was drawn to pop and folk music, but made a temporary crossover to country during the Urban Cowboy days.

However, over time I found myself listening more and more to talk radio, and rarely playing music. I think for me the change began in the 90's when pop music seemed to be taken over by rap. 



Bit by bit I quit listening to current music. 

I became unfamiliar with songs and found myself out of the loop. When I did listen to music, it was usually something from the 70's. 

The thing about music, though, is that it can give you chill bumps, make you cry, or bring back a rush of memories. Nothing else seems to have that effect. 


I'm looking forward to reconnecting with music this year.

2 comments:

  1. I am excited for you to reconnect to music. Being a piano teacher I have to stay current because my students want to play music they listen to. I have a suggestion. You Tube is something all my students listen to. You get to have video while you check out new music. The Piano Guys are currently the rage. They are a group of middle aged musicians who do covers (new arrangements) for pop hits and their music is fantastic. Jon Schmidt is the pianist and Steven Sharp Nelson the cellist. Try out their Tube channel.

    ReplyDelete