Thursday, January 7, 2016

Minimalism


Minimalism.

I've noticed that tiny houses and tiny living seem to be all the rage today. 

You see this in the possessions they own and the limited carbon footprint they are making. I watched a fascinating video the other day about a woman who could fit her entire trash for the last two years in a pint size Mason jar.

Now if you've been following me over the last year, you know I have made a concerted effort to pare down the amount of possessions I own. However, I can honestly say that possessions must mean too much too to me to be considered a minimalist. Along with all the sentimental stuff, I enjoy decorating my home, adding to my library, tackling new art projects, and enjoying the space my home offers. 

I guess for me it boils down to a more balanced life. I've never been real extreme in how I live my life, although I am fascinated by others like the girl in the video who are fully committed to their lifestyle.

I know I'll probably make a trip or two this next year to drop off donations at a local charity, but I just can't imagine doing away with it all. 



How about you?

1 comment:

  1. I can see the calm in living a more minimalist life but I set things down here and there and soon there are many piles to sort through. Small piles of things show that I am thinking and working through things. Hmm, could be just rationalization.

    ReplyDelete