Monday, July 30, 2018

One Man's Trash


One man's trash. 

It's funny the things you really grow to love in your home. I remember how much I enjoyed standing in my kitchen at my last house, all the while being able to look out at both the front and back yard. The stream of sunlight from both directions always made me happy. 

One of my favorites at this new house has nothing to do with view, although I do love the window seat in my kitchen that looks out upon our corner lot. It has recently become home to my herb collection that was withering in the intense heat. 


As you may have figured out, one of the things I enjoy is eating a healthy diet, although a dessert or two has been known to cross my lips. When you eat a primarily plant based diet you find yourself chopping a lot. I usually stand alongside my kitchen sink, and chop to my heart's content. When the time comes to dispose of the peelings, and ends all I have to do is open the cabinet underneath the counter, and roll out my built-in trashcan. 

At the apartments because the trashcan had to go in the adjoining laundry room, it required opening the door twenty times a day, often with wet hands. The funny thing, though, my trashcan is no longer behind a door,  I still occasionally find myself opening up the pantry door to throw something away. I think it must have something to do with muscle memory.   


Alongside my trash can is also my recycling bin, so whether I'm throwing something away or recycling my fancy smancy cabinet serves a dual  purpose. I suppose it's the little things that often times contributes to our happiness. All I know is apparently the old adage, "one man's trash is another man's treasure" must be true for me when it comes to this nifty trash receptacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment