Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Looking for the Elevator


Looking for the elevator. 

I was visiting my favorite Barnes and Noble the other day with a birthday gift card that was burning a hole in my pocket. 

After perusing the magazine aisle I got ready to make my way upstairs. It was then I realized that the escalator was out of order. I noticed a few people walking down the other side, but wondered about how I was going to get upstairs?

Surely, there had to be an elevator, but because it was tucked away, and not obviously placed, finding it required a little effort. As I finally made my way there I got to thinking about how sometimes in life we get so used to doing things only one way, that we forget that there could be an alternative. 

Sometimes, we give up a little too quickly when we find a roadblock, because figuring out an alternative plan might require a little more time and effort. Except, that what if the alternative is actually the better of the two?

Obviously the escalator is usually the most expedient way to get upstairs, except if you are pushing a stroller. Perhaps if you struggle with balance issues, the elevator might be easier. 


Don't always assume that the way YOU do something is the only way or even the best way. Be willing to look for the elevator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment