Friday, July 27, 2018

Plans Interrupted


Plans interrupted.

I woke up the other morning, and within a few hours found myself not feeling well. I thought about all the plans I had that day, and how I was unable to follow through on them due to feeling ill. 

It also, got me to thinking about how we just take each day for granted, thinking we will be able to do the things we want, if not today then tomorrow. Our health, often times, is one of those things we take for granted as well. We wake up each day just assuming that we will be just fine. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. 

As it turned out, my health issue, was just temporary, and by the next day I was back to normal. Thank God. Some people don't have that luxury. Their health might literally get in the way of them living the kind of life they just assumed they would. 

Now sometimes we have no control over circumstances, but what we do have control over is how we decide to live each day, and how we treat the people we share those days with. Don't take for granted that there will always be a tomorrow, or that that tomorrow will still be under your control. Live each day fully and grateful.

"Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows.

Pope Paul VI

1 comment: