Monday, July 9, 2018

New to Me


New to me. 

I came across a posting from a former co-worker the other day advertising a new business she had started. I had never heard the term charcuterie before, and after a quick google search learned that a charcuterie board is a pairing of meat and cheese in an artisanal manner with fruit, nuts, crackers, and spreads all displayed on a wooden board. 

Her photograph was just beautiful, and intrigued me to see if the same thing could be replicated without the meat and cheese. As it turns out it is possible, and I found myself pinning examples of charcuterie boards, and looking forward to making one in the future. 

Sometimes I find myself thinking that maybe there isn't much left to learn, and then I find myself tripping over a French word I've never heard before. Come to find out these boards are truly pieces of art, and another way to express your creativity. I never want to lose sight of the next new thing. 


What is your charcuterie moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment