Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Country Boy


Country boy. 

When I think back to my daughter at two and a half, as remarkable as she was to me, I find myself constantly amazed at what my grandson is capable of doing at such a young age. 

He has been accompanying his Dad to work for over a year now. He knows all about counting cows, feeding cows, and apparently according to my daughter he can quickly identify the bull in the herd. 

He begins his day carrying hay out to feed his horses, knows how to check for okra in the garden, and can turn off and on the sprinkler. He enjoys picking up sticks out of the front yard, and stacking them in the back of his Daddy's pickup truck. 

When I was visiting a few weeks ago he noticed that a potted plant needed some water so he moved it over to the faucet, turned the faucet on for a few seconds, turned it back off, and returned the plant to its original location. Now mind you this was done without any help or prompting from me. 

At two and a half he's learning how to lead his horse, Lily over to the stable in order to brush her before riding. He then climbs aboard a saddle that once belonged to his Dad, all the while being reminded to put his foot in the stirrup to help him climb up. He rides confidently around the pasture sporting a big grin, and after a few turns around the yard he lets his Dad know he's ready to get off. 


I'm constantly amazed at how much he can do at such a young age. He takes his work very seriously, just about as seriously as his play. You will always find this boy busy playing, working, and smiling. You gotta love this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment