Monday, January 1, 2018

Past, Plants and Possibilities


Past, Plants and Possibilities.

Some people make New Year's Resolutions which they may or may not keep. I prefer choosing more of a theme for the year. Last year's theme was Move which was accomplished both figuratively and literally. 

This year I'm using a little alliteration to ring in 2018, which I must admit I'm quite tickled about as I seem to be drawn to even numbers. Go figure! I've found myself drawn recently more to the past. Maybe this year will be a good time to finish up scrapbooks, organize my father's papers and memorabilia, and maybe dig a little further into my family tree. 

My new found love of all things plants makes me want to continue down this path as well. However, I'd like to commit myself a little more into the research side of why plant-based eating is beneficial. I might even try a little container gardening this spring. 

My final idea has to do with possibilities. Although, that might sound somewhat vague, I like being open to what might be presented to me over the year. 2017 showed me that life is more interesting when you take advantage of opportunities that come your way. 


So as I enter a year that will mark 50 years that I have lived in Texas, and 40 years since my college graduation, and the beginning of my teaching career I look forward to honoring the past, continuing a healthy plant-based diet, and embracing the possibilities that 2018 may bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment