Thursday, January 4, 2018

Back to Normal


Back to normal. 

I don't know about you, but I don't think I could ever live one of those over the top adventurous lives. Not because I don't want to, not because I'm sure it wouldn't be over the top exciting, and not because I'd have really cool things to write about everyday. 

But the uncomfortable truth is that I am a creature of habit, and released from the general predictability of my life I find myself somewhat grumpy and down. Coming off of the Christmas season I've found myself trying to right the nonroutine of the last two weeks. 

My eating has been WAY out of control, and today is the day of reckoning as I return to Weight Watchers for the first time in 2018. In my typical fashion of denial I haven't stepped on the scale once. My grocery shopping has been done on the fly, and although not completed in its normal predictable fashion I can brag that Chuck and I always had clean clothes to wear this holiday. 

As much as I enjoy trying out something new or venturing to a new eating establishment, the truth is that I find contentment in the predictability of my normal. Yesterday for the first time in weeks Cooper and I were finally able to get outside and enjoy our walk. I couldn't help but feel a little sorry for the ducks as they huddled in the grass to avoid the frigid water. I think they too are ready for things to go back to normal as well. 

"Order is heaven's first law."

Alexander Pope

No comments:

Post a Comment