Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Birthday


Birthday. 

Today is the third birthday of my blog, Grace Found Daily, and my 778th posting. When I remember back to that January morning three years ago when I nervously pressed the publish button to release my blog into the world, I can't believe time has passed so quickly. I was hesitant to share my writing, but took a leap of faith that day, and I'm so glad I did. 

My first posting was the following:

Today is a first. The first posting on my blog. Covey says, "To start with the end in mind." I can't say exactly where that might be. But I do know that I needed to just start. So today is that first small step in a new beginning."

I can honestly say that I really had no idea what direction the blog would take. What I did know was that I had really gotten into reading other people's blogs and I wanted in. Each day I wrote I found the blog taking on a voice of its own. 

It seemed the more I tried to direct it, the more difficult it would be to come up with ideas. However, if I just kept myself open to the world around me the ideas would just flow. In fact, some days I would find myself writing four postings in one day. Other days maybe not one. 

I learned to strike while the iron was hot, and  embrace inspiration leaving the postings in draft form until I was ready to publish them. I found myself always looking forward to writing, and never considering writing a chore. It seemed to bubble forth from inside, and never required an outline to guide its direction. 

I've tried not to make my blog a place for confrontation. Perhaps this is because I don't feel comfortable doing so, and have preferred another path for my thoughts. I have tried to inspire, and encourage, and even make you laugh. I share about my family, and my hopes and dreams. I ask questions and share not only my successes, but my vulnerabilities as well. 

My blog has been a way to chronicle the events of my life. It is a way to remember the antics of my grandchildren as well as some of the struggles I have gone through. More than anything else, it is a way to stay connected. 

Each comment made by you the reader resonates with me, and I get such a kick out of seeing who is reading the blog. It warms my heart when someone points out that my message was just what they needed to hear that day. Somehow I feel that maybe what I end up writing about may not have always been up to me. 

What I do know, is that writing this blog has been such a joyful part of my life, and I hope to continue writing into the future. Sometimes I wonder if the blog might take another direction, and if it does that is okay. In fact, a new direction might actually be fun.  



Happy 3rd Birthday little blog, and virtual cake and ice cream for all!

2 comments: