Friday, January 12, 2018

Moving On


Moving on.

Moving on or perhaps I should say moving in. This March will mark the one year anniversary of our life in our apartment. I have so thoroughly enjoyed my time here, and the freedom it has afforded Chuck and I. I have loved every walk around the lake, and have enjoyed getting to meet new people along the way. 

However, Chuck and I knew that this would not be our permanent residence. He still has six more years to retirement, and spending our money on high rent for the next six years did not seem to be the best financial decision. Except, to be honest buying a house really wasn't on our radar two weeks ago. I attribute our actions to my bout with insomnia a few nights back when I found myself on Zillow. That led to checking out neighborhoods in the near vicinity that were still close to Chuck's work. 

The next day I was checking out those said neighborhoods, and by the weekend we had found a home nearing completion that seemed to meet not only our needs, but many of our desires as well. It is 1,000 square feet smaller than our last home, and it's three bedroom, two and one-half baths is suited well to this time in our life. The yard is just a fraction of the size, and the neighborhood pool will not have to be maintained by Chuck. 

I've learned long ago that life is often a series of trade-offs. Chuck will be a little further from his work, but we won't have to put up with an upstairs neighbor who vacuums on a daily basis. I'll be responsible for a larger space to maintain, but I can easily open the back door to let Cooper out, rather than taking him out to the courtyard morning and night. 

I will miss my beloved lake which has brought so much peace and joy to my days, but there is a walking trail in the neighborhood, and I'm checking out any local parks that might have a water feature as well. 



Everything has fallen into place, and I feel blessed that it has done so. We are on the next leg of our journey and adventure, and look forward someday to retiring to the country closer to our grandchildren. Thank you Lord for your direction and guidance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment