Monday, January 15, 2018

Technology


Technology. 

You know what they say, "Can't live with it, can't live without it."

Recently I spent an hour getting my insurance and prescription plan registered on-line, ordered a prescription, paid some bills, sent an e-mail, and updated my Weight Watchers e-tools. When you think about it, all of this is pretty remarkable. 

Except when it's not! Just the passwords alone make my head swim, and why do they constantly have to change the website for Weight Watchers making it virtually impossible to find your FREE e-tools renewal?

My frustration and reluctance to do all things technical is palpable, and yet I soldier on knowing that if I don't rise to the occasion I might be left alone like an old Mac Book collecting dust somewhere. 

What I do wonder, though, is how am I going to keep up once I'm eighty or ninety?  I guess by then artificial intelligence will be doing it all, and there will be no need for my input, as my intelligence may be just hanging on by a thread. 


This new house we are buying is considered a Wi-Fi Certified home, and if I'm understanding it correctly, Alexa is about to become a new member of the family. You know, the sister that Brittany never had! If you haven't had a chance to view the Saturday Night Live Alexa parody you really should. I'm afraid it might just be a little too close to home. 

2 comments: