Friday, December 29, 2017

Pinterest Fail


Pinterest fail. 

Since the creation of Pinterest we have all been given the opportunity to enter the world of Pinterest perfection or NOT. 

My own Pinterest fail this past holiday was a creamy cookie dip that sounded delicious. It was made with cream cheese and powdered sugar, and was decorated with red and green sprinkles. I had actually chosen it because I couldn't get too excited about baking cookies this year. 

Everything seemed to be working out as planned until I couldn't locate the red and green sprinkles. I searched two different grocery stores, but to no avail. Perhaps waiting until the last minute did not help. 

As I often do my most creative ideas come under pressure. I had made some nut and date balls earlier in the season, and they had been rolled in crushed peppermint. I got the "brilliant" idea that I could crush the remaining candy, and sprinkle it over the top. I'd end up with a festive touch, and none would be the wiser. 

My Pinterest creation looked perfect as I placed it in the refrigerator the day before Christmas Eve. It even still looked good when I arrived at the party. What I hadn't counted on, though, was what happens to crushed candy canes after they reach room temperature sitting in cream cheese. 

Before the end of the night I realized that they had begun to melt, and when red and white blend together you end up with pink. In my efforts to save the little Pinterest darling I stirred the cookie dip together, and ended up with a slightly pink gooey mess. NOT quite so appetizing. 


Now although the flavor would pass muster, the fact that we eat first with our eyes made the whole thing not very appetizing. I'd have to claim a Pinterest fail on this one!  Maybe next year I'll stick with cookie baking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment