Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Decisions


Decisions.

I was thinking the other day about how I deal with decision making, especially something of importance. What I discovered was that for me often times the best thing to do is to get the decision out of my head. 

In other words, if I write down the pros and cons of the decision, I seem to do a better job of deciding, and of feeling more at peace. I think sometimes I give myself too many options, and allowing them to juggle around in my brain just results with being overwhelmed. 

I've also learned that sometimes just sleeping on a decision can make a big difference the next morning. So learning not to to act or should I say react too quickly is really the better way to go. I remember one time making a decision based out of anger, and retiring that night determined to do one thing, but the next morning I awoke to realize the error of my ways. I was so glad that I had not acted upon my first impulse. 

Of course, I also seek council through prayer that I am headed in the right direction. As much as I think I'm capable of handling all situations, I know ultimately who is in control of my life. 



Knowing yourself, and what works best for you really is quite freeing. Although, to be honest I still have to remind myself of this, and not allow an important decision to get the best of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment