Friday, December 8, 2017

Before I Knew You


Before I knew you. 

I was looking at a picture of my grandson that popped up from a year ago on Facebook. I remember it was one of my favorites as it really captured his newborn adorableness. 

Except, I realized that I really didn't know him then. He was about a week old, and I knew I was crazy about him simply because he was my grandson. Now that I've got to know him better over these last two years my love for him is over the moon. 

As I watch his little personality shine through I find myself, not only laughing more, but pondering in my heart what he will be like as he grows older. He already has his own ideas about what he likes, what he doesn't, and how you should go about getting things done. 

What I have noticed about him is that even at two years old I would not use the word random to describe him. He is very focused and deliberate about what he chooses to do. His favorite thing are trucks, and tractors, and he seems to be able to entertain himself quite longer than I would have expected someone his age to do so. 

Although, his screen time is very limited his favorite show is Mighty Machines, which I like to refer to as the documentary of children's programming. He is quite fascinated by the live action footage of all kinds of vehicles; the bigger, the better. 

He loves to go to work with his Daddy, and help out on the ranch. He takes his chores quite seriously, and has been known to haul a mini-sized bale of hay over to feed the animals. We have a video of him doing just so, and as he walks away he wipes the dust off his hands as he returns for more hay. 

His talking is starting to take off, and he even can call me by name. I live for FaceTime, and his smile just lights up my day. He loves to laugh, play, hug, and even help his Mom whip up a batch of cookies. My blessings abound with this one, and cherish each time I get to spend with him. 


I just thought I loved him the day he was born, but little did I know how much that love would multiply over two short years. 

4 comments: