Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Shopping Extravaganza


Shopping Extravaganza.

About a week ago someone made mention to me that we only had three weeks until Christmas. Panic immediately set in as I had not done any Christmas shopping yet. 

You see, for years Black Friday was my go-to shopping day. I actually found the early morning adventure quite enjoyable, especially when my daughter was able to join me. You see if you could get out there early enough, and plan your route ahead of time then it was possible to get most of your shopping done within a few hours time. 

Unfortunately, I didn't make it to Black Friday this year so I was starting from ground zero. I went ahead, and actually wrote down a shopping date on my calendar, and when the day arrived I set out to my old familiar stomping grounds. It just made sense to return to Frisco where I knew the lay of the land. 

I began my shopping spree at my old reliable Walmart, where I knew the sheer volume of merchandise would help mark several items off my list. I was actually quite proud of myself as I piled my goods high and deep on the conveyer belt. Check, check, check, Santa duty almost complete. 

My next stop was the mall where I noticed the number of shoppers had increased exponentially as by this time it was afternoon. However, I was still able to make my purchases pretty quickly, and headed home before rush hour. After surveying my haul I felt really good about all that I had accomplished that day. 

 I finished up with a little online shopping the next day, which although expedient was not as much fun to me as the real deal. But, either way, between the two I was able to get about 98% of my shopping done in a short period of time. Now all that's left is the wrapping, and because I bought gift bags this year that ought to be pretty easy. 


Now that the shopping is done I better set my sights on the Christmas cards. You know what they say, "It's the most wonderful time of the year!" And I'd have to agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment