Friday, December 1, 2017

Maintenance


Maintenance. 

In Weight Watchers after you have arrived at your goal weight you go onto what is called maintenance. Basically, you are given a few more points each day as you are no longer trying to lose weight. 

I'm in maintenance right now, and I'm beginning to get nervous. You see when it comes to losing weight I'm a champion, albeit a slow weight lose champion, but successful none the less. I can honestly say that I can stay on the program for months and months, and never waver. However when it comes to moderation that is where I struggle. 

It may sound strange, but Gretchen Rubin describes it as either being an abstainer or a moderator. I definitely fall in the abstainer category as it is sooo much easier for me to just say no, and do without, than to open the floodgates of moderation. 

I handle the routine and stricter guidelines of dieting so much better than I do the freedoms of moderation. Except, I know I don't want to regain my weight so I'm looking for answers as how to do better on maintenance.


With the holidays approaching I don't want to miss out on the special treats of the season, but I also don't want to gain back the pounds I have worked so hard to lose. I think I need to recommit to following the guidelines of the program. Making sure I continue to track, and not
miss any meetings should be able to help keep me on the road to success. 

"Consistency creates success."


Amy Johnson-Mrs. Plant

No comments:

Post a Comment