Thursday, October 17, 2024

Wabi Sabi- Day 17





 “Hope is not the same as expectations.” Kempton guides us to the understanding that although, you can plan for a specific future, you cannot actually control what the future may bring. 


I remember in my twenties having a very certain plan for my life. As the years went by I seemed to have very little control over the outcome of that plan. I wasted a lot of valuable time not truly living in the present moment waiting for that plan to arrive. 


As often is the case my plan did come to fruition, except it was on God’s timeline and not on my own. Kempton encourages us to, “Release your attachment to the timeline and then come back to being present in your life right now.” 


She offers a challenge to look for the things in your life to be grateful for right now, and to let go of any expectations of the future that might be keeping you stuck in negative thought patterns.  


“Open your mind and heart to whatever might unfold.” By remaining open to the possible we can receive the miracles that are all around us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment