Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Wabi Sabi- Day 16

 




In her book Wabi Sabi, Beth Kempton tells the story of a  ninety-four year old woman named Mineyo Kanie. 


Kanie shares the secret to a happy life:


“The root of all unhappiness is not being content with what you have and spending too much time looking outside your life instead of spending time inside it.”


I especially rember when I was younger always looking toward some future event or purchase as a route to happiness. As I’ve gotten older there really are very few material pleasures or experiences that I think I must have in order to be content. 


I take comfort in enjoying the simplest of what life has to offer, and find that it brings me both contentment and happiness. 


It’s not perfect, but it is enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment