Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Habits- Day 4

 




atomic- 1. an extremely small amount of a thing 2. the source of immense power
James Clear, author of Atomic Habits writes:

“…changes that seem small and unimportant at first will compound into remarkable results if you’re willing to stick with them for years.”

He also states, “The difference a tiny improvement can make over time is astounding.”

As I contemplate on what actually sounds so easy- small changes I realize that I fall prey to “all or nothing thinking.”

In the past I’ve jumped in head first, no toes in the water for me, and have white knuckled it through to completion. I am capable of doing this for several months when I set my mind to it. 
Sadly, as time goes by I slip back to those original habits- you know the ones I’m trying to get rid of?

In all honesty I’m not sure I’m convinced that taking my time, and making small changes will actually work.

As we continue through the book it will be interesting to see what develops in the formation of new habits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment