Saturday, October 15, 2022

Habits- Day 15




                                  “Your behaviors are usually a reflection of your identity.”

                                                                                James Clear


Have you given much thought to why you act the way you do? James Clear
in his book Atomic Habits, points out that your actions are an, “indication of the type of person you believe you are- either consciously or non consciously.”

Once you truly believe your habits are more likely to line up with that identity you see as your own.

At this point you are not actually attempting to change, “you are simply acting like the type of person you already believe yourself to be.”

Lately I’ve been reflecting on what I believe my identity to be. If I profess to be a health conscience person then choosing an apple, cheese stick and almonds is a much healthier snack then a handful of chips and a cookie. 

I’m starting to ask myself, “What would a healthy person do?”

No comments:

Post a Comment