Sunday, October 9, 2022

Habits- Day 9


                                        


                                       Goal- the end toward which effort is directed  

System-an organized framework or method

“Goals are about the results you want to achieve. Systems are about processes that lead to those results.”
James Clear

Clear recommends focusing on your systems instead of your goals. He states that goals help you set a direction but your systems actually contribute to your progress. 

The problem with a goal is that once you achieve it you are required to maintain it. This has always been the challenge for me. I’m quite disciplined in achieving my initial goal, but over time my motivation and desire to maintain that goal lessens. 

I find myself right back where I began, and feeling dejected at my inability to maintain my goal. 

“Achieving a goal only changes your life for the moment. In order to improve for good, you need to solve problems at the systems level.”

No comments:

Post a Comment