Monday, October 3, 2022

Habits- Day 3




For some reason when I think of habits the idea of a bad habit comes to mind. In fact the interplay of good and bad habits can be a constant battle in our lives. 

Now while showering daily would probably be considered a good habit, it really has become effortless. I never question whether I’m going to shower or not. 

On the other hand, healthy eating has never really become a habit of mine as much as I have tried. 

Sitting on the couch (a bad habit) seems to win over walking for thirty minutes( a good habit.)
For me the bad habits, if they bring some level of happiness, are easy to keep. Meanwhile, the good habits ( the ones that require more work and effort, and are not always enjoyable even though I know better) seem more challenging to acquire. 

This past Mother’s Day my daughter gifted me with a copy of Atomic Habits. As I read it I took copious notes, and found many new takes on the traditional approach to habit making. 
Unfortunately, as is my habit, I did an excellent job of gathering information, but a poor job of putting any of it into action. 

Tomorrow, I will begin sharing my notes. My hope is that in taking a second look I’ll be able to put into action the premises of Atomic Habits. 

As also is my habit ( playing with words) I’m hoping for some explosive results. 

“Your habits will determine your future.”
Jack Canfield

No comments:

Post a Comment