Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Truck Watching


Truck watching.  

Leave it to my daughter to figure out an activity in her rural community that affords my little grandson great fun. 

A quick trip to the Sonic, and then parking at the local convience store to watch the trucks go by has become a win-win in my grandson's book.  Believe me there is a nonstop parade of trucks in all shapes and sizes making their way down the main drag of their small town.  

This provides great joy to an almost two year old boy who finds trucks to be his most favorite thing of all. As each one drives by he pumps his small arm up and down hoping that a generous truck driver might honk. 

As we sat back and watched his sheer delight I couldn't help but join in the fun as well. Seeing the world through a child's eyes is a blessing, and one I'm happy to share. 


It really doesn't get much better than watching the trucks pass by while nursing a chocolate shake, and the pure excitement in my grandson's eyes proves it to be so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment