Wednesday, August 23, 2017

The Spice of Life


The spice of life. 

To be honest, sometimes it doesn't take much to foster my enthusiasm. Take a pantry, and a built-in spice rack for instance. 

My daughter and son-in-law have recently moved into a house that was built over fifty years ago as they look for a home to purchase in their new small town. The owners have done a great job of updating the look of the house, but I was especially impressed by the pantry. 

Now I'm not sure if the pantry is the original design or if it was added later, but either way I have never seen one quite like it before. After seeing it though, I decided that if we ever build another house, I'm going to look for a way to encorporate something like it in my pantry design. 

Basically, there is a spice-sized shelf that runs the perimeter of the pantry. What this shelf does is provide a full view of your spices. No more digging around for that elusive coriander. What a brilliant idea! With the simple addition of a shelf, life becomes a whole lot easier, and food a whole lot tastier. 



No comments:

Post a Comment