Thursday, August 24, 2017

Let Sleeping Cats Lie


Let sleeping cats lie. 

I was gone for several days last week to help my daughter and her family move. I took Cooper along as I always do, but Abby my cat, who does not like to travel stayed behind with Chuck. 

When I arrived home Abby was no where to be seen. I called her name several times, but she did not make her appearance known. I actually began to panic, and resorted to shaking her foods canister in hopes she would appear. 

Apparently, she was giving me the cold shoulder, but couldn't resist the lure of food. I apologized for being gone so long, and it wasn't too much longer that she was purring contentedly on my chest. Well for a few seconds that is, because she actually prefers my husband's lap, and as soon as he sat down I was chopped liver. 

What I did notice about an hour later, though, was she was lying above me on the edge of the couch purring quite loudly. Her eyes were on the brink of sleep, and I realized that she must have really missed me, because her usual spot of choice is the bend of the sectional. 


Her purring was quite relaxing, and she made me happy to be home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment