Friday, August 4, 2017

New Things


New Things

Freekeh- This is an ancient African grain that is actually roasted green wheat. I heard about it at my Weight Watcher's meeting, and found it at Central Market. I bought an already prepackaged variety, but I have since learned that you can buy it there and at Sprouts in the bulk section. I'm making a Tabbouleh style salad with it, and am hoping it doesn't disappoint. 

Rock Painting- Okay we have succumbed to the lastest trend with a little rock painting. I'm hoping to leave them around the apartment complex, and who knows others might do the same. I loaded up on supplies at Michael's the other day, and found a plethora of Pinterest posts for inspiration.  

The Cheese Trap- If you are interested in learning more about dairy in your diet I have found Dr. Neal Barnard to be very knowledgeable. You can find him on You Tube if you are interested. I wrote about the non-dairy Parmesan I made the other day that was quite tasty. It's quite easy to prepare by blending together 1 cup of slivered almonds, 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, and 1/2 -3/4 teaspoon salt. Just pulse in the blender until the almonds are  ground up. 
Try it on pizza or popcorn. 

Avocado Toast- We've become obsessed with this new culinary delight. I basically mash up an avocado, give it a squirt of lime, and season it with a seasoning Brittany's college roommate's grandfather makes. It's a mystery, but delicious. We spread the avocado on some yummy grained toast, and if you want you can serve it with a fried egg on top. It's just a little bit of heaven. 

Luna Grill- If you are in the Southlake area near Southlake Town Center, you might want to try out this Mediterranean dining delight. They pride themselves on their fresh ingredients, and their food is delicious. The atmosphere is relaxing, and the combination makes for a nice dining experience. 

Bible Journaling- If you've been considering this I noticed that the Lifeway book stores in the area are hosting an event on August 22nd both during the day and at night. I've been before, but I'm planning on attending again to get some more inspiration. 

"Find joy in the ordinary."

Max Lucado

No comments:

Post a Comment