Friday, August 18, 2017

Busted


Busted. 

I've written before about Cooper's little incident with crime involving a certain tennis ball. Well Coop's been sighted breaking the rules again, but this time I have to admit he's just an accessory, and I'm the culprit.

The other day I took Cooper out to our favorite courtyard in order for him to take care of his business. Now I know the rules clearly state that he's supposed to be on leash at all times, but if no one is there I've gotten in the habit of letting him go in order to find his spot of choice. So far this really hasn't been a problem. 

That is until a few days ago when one of the leasing agents who lives on the property brought her two on-leash dogs into the same courtyard. Now Coop was the perfect gentleman, but a few hours later I noticed a Facebook posting reminding tenets to keep their dog on a leash. 

Now I've lived there for five months, and this is the first time I've ever seen a reminder posting. Most of the time it's really something up-beat like a party or something. Busted! I'm thinking Coop and I are now following in the footsteps of Bonnie and Clyde. We've been warned that any other infractions could result in some sort of leasing violation. 

Along with the leash reminder came the really big problem of not picking up after your dog. Now with no interrogation or forced confession I can honestly say that Cooper and I always come fully prepared with a regulation Puppy Poop bag, and have NEVER been guilty of this really gross infraction. I guess there really is some sort of honor among thieves, and you have to draw the line somewhere. 


You know what they say? Three strikes and you're out. I guess Cooper and I have a very thin line to walk if we want to remain in good standing with the powers that be. 

1 comment: