Wednesday, August 16, 2017

What's New?


What's new?


Silk Caramel Almond Creamer- I think I may have found my non-dairy creamer alternative. I tried the Vanilla as well, but like the Caramel flavor more. Speaking of creamer, I did locate my favorite HEB creamer with all the chemicals at Sprout. What's a person to do?

Harvest Restaurant- This past weekend I discovered an amazing restaurant in of all places Comanche, Tx. Comanche is about thirty minutes from Stephenville, and this restaurant uses produce from local farms, and the food quality is outstanding. If you are in the area you'll find this place on the square. 

Almond Butter- I'm a pretty big peanut butter fan, but I've been intrigued by nut butters. I haven't actually tried it yet, but I did pick up a jar this week. I'm hoping I like it. 

Vegan Cheese- I also bought some Monterey Jack almond cheese to use in quesadillas. It's supposed to be melty so I'm hoping for a "cheesy" quesadilla later this week. 

Capris- My hard work is paying off while my shorts and capris appear to be falling off. I purchased some new pants in a smaller size this week. To be honest they still are a little tight, but I was afraid if I waited too long they'd all be gone for the season. Woo Hoo!

The Lost Symbol- I'm reading this thriller by Dan Brown, and although it's going slowly I am enjoying the intrigue. Unfortunately my i Pad seems to get in the way of me reading fiction, but I'm reading right before bed now, and enjoying it. It also is a better non-tech way to wind down for a better night's sleep. 

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."

Albert Einstein 

2 comments:

  1. Tell us how you enjoyed the vegan cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made quesadillas with it, and it melted perfectly. I didn't miss the dairy at all.

      Delete