Thursday, August 17, 2017

Bird Laughing


Bird laughing. 

I was visiting my daughter and noticed that the blinds in the guest bedroom had been pulled up. I asked whether she had pulled them up so my grandson could look out of the window without damaging the blinds?

"As a matter of fact," she replied, "I caught him in here the other day laughing." Apparently he was looking out the window watching a bird. Whatever the bird was doing, he couldn't help but laugh. 

As I imagined him doing so I found my heart swelling up with the love I feel more and more for this boy. I'm wondering what he found so amusing as he watched the tiny, winged creature? However, more than anything I just wanted to follow his example and laugh at birds. 


Something so simple, so pure, so innocent made me feel that perhaps there is hope for the world we live in. Maybe we should all take up bird laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment