Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Genius


Genius. 

I love a clever solution to a problem. This past weekend we helped our daughter and son-in-law move. They were fortunate that my son-in-law's new boss had provided an eighteen wheeler to help move their stuff. 

My daughter had made arrangements for a crew from a local moving company to help move the heavier furniture and appliances. Although, the eighteen wheeler had plenty of room, what it didn't have was a ramp. Attempting to load the refrigerator and the washer and dryer proved to be challenging without one. 

When I walked out into the garage I saw the most remarkable thing. The washer was effortlessly being pushed between the eighteen wheeler and the moving company's truck on a ramp affixed to both vehicles. I was taken aback, and inquired as to whose idea it was to solve the problem in such a clever way. One of my son-in-law's co-workers had solved the problem beautifully. Use the ramp from the moving truck to move the appliances up into that truck first. Then attach the ramp between the two trucks. Finally, move the appliances from one truck to the next. Brilliant!

Of course, how do you solve the problem of getting the appliances off at the other end? Easy. My son-in-law's new co-worker and the driver of the eighteen wheeler drove his forklift over to their new house, and easily removed the fridge, and washer and dryer off the truck without a ramp. 


I love a clever solution every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment