Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Childhood Friends


Childhood friends. 

Most of my high school friends have known each other since elementary school. For those of us who grew up as military brats, though, we generally don't have the same experience. 

Luckily for me I was able to reconnect with my childhood best friend, Ann Marie, and had the pleasure of getting to spend this past weekend with her. We were able to reunite several years ago due to my Nancy Drew detective skills and the internet. 

This past weekend Ann Marie's work brought her to Austin from Ohio, and she invited me to meet her half way in Waco. Our mutual admiration for Chip and Joanna made the Magnolia Market the perfect meeting place. 

What I love about our friendship is that it's as if we never skipped a beat, let alone a forty year old beat, and we seem to always pick up right where we left off. Apparently our childhood friendship was much deeper than just our geographical location as next door neighbors.

Along with the Magnolia Market we enjoyed a sweet treat from their bakery, some delicious Texas BBQ and Mexican food, an inspiring 1960's movie Hidden Figures, and a trip to Spice Village. 



Although, our lives ended up taking a different path they seem to be right back on track today as we both experience being a grandmother with our precious one year old grandsons. Ann Marie's future is getting ready to change, and I'm looking forward to getting to visit her in her new home in the Sunshine State. Which incidentally was our childhood home, and I anticipate retracing our childhood steps very soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment