Thursday, February 23, 2017

The Kleenex Emergency


The Kleenex emergency. 

The other day when I was loading my car with groceries at Walmart I noticed a mother and her four children walking to their car. There must have been some sort of tissue emergency because she had busted open an industrial size package of Kleenex boxes. 


At least two of the children had their own box while Mom juggled the rest. Apparently the Kleenex had been their only purchase. Because their van was parked next to my car I was required to wait as she loaded up her precious cargo. 

It seemed to be taking longer than necessary when I noticed that she was fumbling with one of the boxes as she attempted to attach it to the headrest. I suppose this made it easily accessible to the backseat passengers. 





Now what I found amusing about the whole spectacle is that Kleenex has rarely been included on my own grocery list. My family lives in a Kleenex-free zone, and we have been dependent on a roll of toilet paper if our noses ever decide to run. 




I guess it must have been awfully important to make a special trip to Walmart to stock up on Kleenex ONLY. I probably would have tried to combine it with picking up aluminum foil or some other random thing. Of course with a bunch of sneezing kids it probably was worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment