Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Fragile


Fragile. 

Sometimes we convince ourselves that we are strong, and can handle whatever comes our way. Except if the truth be told it is not really true. At our core we are really quite fragile. 

Given the right news or the right set of circumstances we can find that strength slipping away. We may find tears flowing freely as we wipe them  away in embarrassment trying to hide our real feelings.

Our hearts can be so tender, and our daily walk so precarious that one slight bobble can reveal our fragile selves. Recently I was faced with some news, and I was surprised at how I reacted. 

I had convinced myself of my strength, but found myself to be more fragile than I realized. It was then I was reminded how much we depend on each other, and when someone is no longer there it does make a difference. 



As I contemplated these feelings it became apparent that our capacity to love, and to hurt is actually more important than some self-imposed need to be strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment