Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Non-Sports Fan


The non-sports fan. 

It seems that I'm really missing out not being a sports fan. Unfortunately, as much as I try I just can't seem to get into it. 

Just think how different my life would be if I were a sports fan?  First of all I would have something to root for and get excited about each year. My wardrobe would be expanded 
with team jerseys and ball caps. On the weekends I would be either at the game or a sports bar or at the very least hanging out with friends around the big screen tv cheering on my favorite team. I'd be praying for the end of the curse as the Cubs played in the World Series, and my Face Book posts would revolve around my college alma mater team. 

But no, I'm basically just a stick in the mud when it comes to sports. Now ironically, some of my favorite movies over the years have been about sports. I guess I'm a sucker for the underdog prevailing, and the fast action sports scenes always seem to capture my attention. 

But, once again the words of author Gretchen Rubin seem to ring true, "You can choose what you do, but you can't choose what you like to do."


The other night when everyone else  was either watching the World Series or the Country Music Awards I was once again glued to the news channel checking out the latest election results. There is no denying that I am a fan of politics, and this election season has certainly been a wild ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment