Friday, November 25, 2016

Black Friday


Black Friday.

I used to really look forward to Black Friday. I couldn't wait to check out the sales flyers that would arrive in my Thanksgiving paper. I would quickly map out my plan of attack for the next day confident that I would be victorious in scoring all the best deals. More times than not I could finish the majority of my shopping in just a few hours, and always well under budget. 

But something changed this year, and I must admit that the sales flyers seemed a little lackluster yesterday. I think it had to do with my new outlook on "stuff." If you recall my husband and I spent several weeks going through our possessions and getting rid of quite a bit. So the thought of bringing more "stuff" back into the house is not very appealing. 

Pair that with the massive crowds, and I'm finding myself less and less enthusiastic about the thought of getting up at the crack of dawn just to get a deal. I'm hoping for a more relaxing day which might include a little Christmas music and some decorating. 

Now of course I still want to buy gifts for all my favorite people, but I'll probably do it a little differently this year. In fact, I think I see more online shopping in my future. 


So good luck to all my friends who brave the lines and the crowds today, and "may the odds forever be in your favor."

2 comments: