Thursday, November 3, 2016

Something New


Something new. 

One thing I have discovered about myself is that I always seem to be more motivated when I'm beginning something new. I've never really been one to be content doing the same thing over and over again. 

Even though I taught for over thirty years I found myself changing grade levels pretty regularly. The reason being is that I'm easily bored and am always looking for ways to challenge my mind. 

One way I have done this over the last several years is through the Internet. Every day is an opportunity to learn something new. I will stick with the task of new learning until it starts to become old hat. At that time my interest seems to wane and I'm off to the next new thing. 



It seems that artist Maria Kalman feels the same way; "I am open to the possibility of not knowing and discovering something new."

No comments:

Post a Comment